Are you on track to have your dream retirement? If you’re 8 or more years away from retirement, save time and headaches with our FERS retirement check-up. If you don’t want a full financial plan right now, this is a quick and convenient way to find out if you’re saving enough to meet your retirement goals.
- Net Pension Estimate
- Net Retirement Income Estimate
- Answer to the question, “Are You Saving Enough For Retirement?”
- Recommendations on how to improve your retirement plan
- A 60-minute meeting with a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
What’s Not Included
Since our analysis will be focused on whether you’re saving enough for retirement, we’ll be unable to provide advice, analysis, or recommendations related to your investment choices, taxes, retirement distribution strategies, or other financial planning areas. If you need a more robust analysis, consider our Create & Navigate Your Path and Create Your Path services.
Who Is This For?
This service is meant for FERS federal employees who are 8 or more years away from retirement and are not sure whether they are saving enough to meet their retirement goals.
$295 paid via electronic ACH through our online payment system
Our Process: What to Expect
Step 1: Schedule Meeting
Schedule an appointment below. Please use your personal email (not a work or government email) because those types of email addresses often push the meeting confirmations to spam. Even with your personal email, you may want to check your spam, just in case.
Step 2: Complete Questionnaire & Agreement
Once you schedule an appointment, you’ll receive an email containing our questionnaire and agreement. This questionnaire is critical to making our time together as valuable as possible for you. Without good information, our advice can’t be tailored to you.
Step 3: Analyze
This step is for our team. We will use the information you provided via the survey to perform a thorough analysis of your retirement plan.
Step 4: Meeting
This is where we meet to review our findings and recommendations. In simple terms, we will explain what you can do to improve your retirement plan. This will also be your opportunity to ask questions.
Step 5: Next Steps
Although there is no obligation to work with us further, many decide to work with our firm to help them implement our recommendations and to conduct a comprehensive financial plan. If you are interested in this service, we’d be happy to discuss it during our call.
Our ongoing services generally include:
- Creating a comprehensive plan to help you reach your goals and have your dream retirement.
- Ongoing advice in areas such as Taxes, FERS Benefits, Social Security, Insurance (FEHB, Medicare), Investments, Estate Planning, and long-term care.
- Investment Management: Making sure that your TSP and other investments are aligned with your goals.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make money?
We are a commission-free (a.k.a. fee-only) financial planning firm for FERS federal employees. Our fees depend on the complexity of your situation, but our fees are always transparent. Some financial advisors are commission-based, which may cause fees to be hidden or create conflicts of interest. Not us. Our goal is to lower your taxes, maximize your benefits, and help you retire without worry.
Can you meet virtually and work with people in other locations?
Yes! We work with federal employees from all over the U.S.
What areas do you help your clients with?
Great question. Here are the 5 areas that we help our clients with.
- Retirement Planning: Planning for the day when work is optional
- Investment Planning: Building wealth for your future
- Tax Strategy: Taking advantage of opportunities in the tax law
- Insurance Planning: Protecting your loved ones and what you’ve already built
- Estate Planning: Planning for those you leave behind
Other Questions? Contact us at: info@CYPFin.com
Want To Make Smarter Financial Decisions?
Start on your path to financial freedom by getting our monthly articles full of tips on maximizing your benefits and making smart financial decisions, plus the occasional freebie.